Cars 3 Rumors: The third entry in the massively popular Cars franchise will look to take the entire series to newer and greater heights. Cars 3 will witness our hero Lightning McQueen come up against his greatest nemesis till date and will have to bring up every ounce of skill and bravado in order to emerge triumphantly. Without wasting any more time, let us delve deep into the heart of the film and find out what treasures we might chance upon once the movie is released in June this year.
Cars 3 Rumors/Spoilers (Don't Miss This Section)
- Expect a more soulful soundtrack as the return of Randy Newman as the music director is confirmed. The trailer wasted no time in displaying the long wistful notes of nostalgia as McQueen is forced out of the race following a grisly car crash. The first teaser ended with the crash, leaving fans and especially kids in a state of disbelief and disarray. The words on the screen boldly proclaimed,"From this moment everything will change." Lightning McQueen then escapes from the spotlight and is seen back in his old territory where he was also seen in the first film. This probably is Route 66 and we will also witness a return to Route 99 as the chief protagonist struggles to accept that he has gotten old and even possibly outdated. He must change his style and possibly his innards in order to succeed. This point is further explained and examined in point 6. Newman is no stranger to the business and he will look to tug at the heartstrings of the viewers. The film's chief antagonist, Jackson Storm, looks stunning in black and blue. The new car is the very definition of the entitled millennial. So many varying moods and facets in the film will require a much more complicated soundtrack and Newman will not disappoint.
- A more linear film which is also very nifty when it comes to storytelling. The new director roped in for Cars 3 is Brian Fee who is also known for his splendid work on WALL·E (2008), Ratatouille (2007) and the original Cars (2006). Fee will bring a classic-film sentiment to the film judging by his past yarns. The director specialises in reconciling cartoon physics with the elements that make us human: rage, revenge, love, hate and hope. The new film will be the richer with his inclusion.
- Better animation and storyline. The third instalment has what the previous two films did not: the advent of modern technology. The film will be a 3D animated film with the best animators being taken on board by Pixar and Disney. While the animation on the previous two films wasn't bad either, we expect the maker of such classics as Ratatouille to add an extra dimension of greatness to the graphics. More car models will be added, including the space-age coupe that Jackson Storm so evidently looks like. The new cars will also ensure that a new generation of fans is attracted to the film as well.
- The new villain, Jackson Storm, will be a joy to watch, in a twisted manner. We have already seen him try and act like a million bucks. He is seen to be practising racing while being engaged in virtual racing. This is just a new pointer towards the attention to detail that the animators at the production company pay. Brian Fee's past work on Monsters, Inc. and Monsters University. This means that while Jackson Storm will start out as the primary antagonist, he will probably have a change of heart later and may end up accepting defeat graciously. He will be defeated, mark our words.
- Expect various avenues of inspiration. After Lightning McQueen is defeated, he will be trained and uplifted by the return of the old cast, including Doc Hudson. Paul Newman, who voiced the old and very wise Doc Hudson passed away in 2008. We might get to see archival footage of the great actor and his voice work inspiring our hero. We will also see other returning characters like Mater who will collectively ensure that McQueen gets his mojo back.
- IGNTR. This is a tricky one. We first see the name on the back of the black car which pulls past Lightning McQueen. We are willing to take an educated guess on the matter. One, IGNTR is a new car whom McQueen will take under his wings and help him win the race against Storm. This plotline is reminiscent of films like Rocky 3. The other option is wilder. We believe that McQueen himself might be IGNTR in the latter part of the movie and will have better junk under his trunk. This seems to follow the storyline of Robocop, where Murphy the cop was shot and revived albeit in the form of an android.
- The element of Cruz Ramirez. Voiced by popular stand-up comedian and television personality Cristela Alonzo, she will be the surprise package of the movie. She is clearly younger than McQueen and is in awe of the ageing warhorse. She does believe that the old warrior still has what it takes to become a champion. This will be a role to watch out for.
- A darker theme will permeate the film. This will not be just another kid's animation flick. We expect elements of heartbreak, loss and defeat besides more positive elements of joy and victory. However, we expect that Sheriff and Sarge will ensure that the general ambience remains steadfastly family-centric. So will Mater. The only thing we can predict with absolute certainty is that the franchise will boast of having ended on a high, however blighted it might be.